2.05.2010

Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto

This started as a cute little jar of stuff my mother picked up for me at a discount store.  However you can buy it online at Tastefully Simple.  I must say it was quite tasty and quite simple.  The directions were to mix olive oil and water with the stuff in the jar, let it sit for at least 5 minutes, microwave it for a whopping 1 1/2 minutes, stir in parmesan and pour it over your favorite pasta.  How easy is that!?!?!  Since there was no meat in this little jar, and the directions did not include adding meat of any kind, I had to be creative for the carnivore that I live with.  I sliced a handful of Little Smokies into circles and tossed them around in a hot skillet with a little italian seasoning.  I had opened a can of black olives at lunch.  So, I sliced those up as well.  Found a can of quartered artichoke hearts in the pantry and coursely chopped those too.  The final result was Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto with parmesan, italian sausage, artichokes & black olives over whole wheat rotini.  Whew!  That's a mouth full!  BUT, it was delicious, all of us enjoyed it, and I will most likely be ordering some more of these cute little jars!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment