2.16.2010

PB&K Cookies


1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar (or spenda if you are diabetic)
1 egg
Hershey's Kisses

Beat together peanut butter, sugar and egg.  Roll into balls.  Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes.  As soon as they come out of the oven, press a Kiss into the top of each one.

My notes:

This is one I got from Paula Deen.  And I have found you really can't ever go wrong with a recipe that came from her kitchen.  I think she just calls these Peanut Butter Cookies...we added the "K".
 
I grew up making old fashioned PB cookies with my mom and they were really good.  However, this has become my standard recipe for PB cookies because it's just SO easy.  THREE INGREDIENTS!  You can't get much easier that that.
 
If you don't put the kisses on top, this is a good recipe for anyone who has a gluten allergy since it is gluten free.  Without the kisses, you will probably want to do the criss-cross-with-a-fork trick to smush them down before you bake them.
 
This recipe makes about 2 dozen cookies. That is enough to last a couple of hours at my house.  If I want some to still be around in a few days, then I have to double it.

No comments:

Post a Comment