2.09.2010

Restaurant-Style Cheese Fries


This one has become a favorite at our house.

Ingredients
Potatoes, cut into whatever size you like your fries
Shredded cheese
Bacon, cooked and crumbled
Green onions, chopped
Tony Chachere's seasoning

Preheat oven to 350F, oil an iron skillet and put the oiled skillet in the oven to get hot while you are working on the fries.

Heat oil in a skillet and cook the potatoes until crispy.  Drain well on paper towel.  Remove iron skillet from oven and layer potatoes, seasoning, cheese, bacon & onions to taste in skillet.  Return skillet to oven to finish melting cheese.  Serve hot with ranch or spicy ranch dressing.

My notes:

I have an industrial french fry cutter that makes short work of cutting the potatoes.  I usually scrub them really well and even leave the skin on.

If I am in a time crunch, I use store-bought bacon bits and they work just fine.

I only use the green onions if company's comin' since that is not something I keep on hand.

We prefer the Tony Chachere's More Hot.  Either way, Tony Chachere's is an excellent seasoning for home-made fries.

We also eat ours will jalapenos on top.  (o:

Making your own ranch dressing by using the ranch powder, milk & mayo is a GREAT alternative to the store-bought stuff.  You can make it "spicy ranch" by stirring in a little chili powder.  Learned that one when I was a server at a steak-house chain.

Serve this one with home-made burgers or grilled sandwiches and you will win mucho kudos with the spouse and kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment