3.04.2010

Baked Onions

Ingredients
Onions - white or yellow - I do 2 whole onions for our family  (5 eating - 2 adults and 3 small children)
Olive oil
Salt & Spice (or your favorite seasoning)

Directions
Slice ends from onions and peal yucky outer stuff.  Cut onions in half.  Place in microwaveable dish.  I use a glass loaf pan because it is as deep as the onions are tall and I know I am less likely to make a mess.  Drizzle with olive oil then sprinkle with a pretty heavy hand of seasoning.  Cover with plastic wrap or a paper plate or something that will trap in the steam pretty good.  Microwave on high for 10 minutes, then check for tenderness.  Continue to cook in 5-minute increments until a sharp knife will pierce with little to no pressure.  Careful not to overcook though.  If overcooked, the onions get soggy and slimy which is unpleasant at best.  This one is a HIT will my family.  My 5-year-old eats at least half an onion by herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment