9.01.2010

Banana Nut Bread/Cake

You can call it bread or cake.  I call it bread when it's baked in a loaf pan and cake when it's baked in a bundt pan.  Whatever makes you happy though.  Either way, this is one REALLY EASY and VERY DELICIOUS way to use up some over-ripe bananas and have a nice treat on the table in no time.  ONLY FIVE INGREDIENTS!  That is enough to get my attention right there.  I have made this one several times before and, to me, it is as good as, or better than, most "from scratch" banana breads I have eaten.  Hope you enjoy!  If you make it, leave me a comment.  I'd love to know what you think.

Ingredients
1 box cake mix with butter
3 eggs
1 stick of butter, melted
4 mashed bananas
1/2 cup nuts

Directions
Mix well and bake in a loaf pan at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour or until golden brown.

My notes:
Yes, that is all of the directions that were included with the recipe.

That is a "butter recipe" cake mix.  Oh, and do not substitute margarine for the butter.  It gives it a very artificial taste.  Your bananas do not have to be over-ripe.  When I made this today, I used 2 that were over-ripe and 2 that were just fine for eatin'.  I peel mine and toss them in a mixing bowl then get out my handy-dandy potato masher and don't stop til it's banana soup.  I bake mine in a bundt pan just because that's my preference.  It only takes 45 minutes when in a bundt pan and unless you have a really big loaf pan, I think I would divide this between 2 loaf pans.

No comments:

Post a Comment