11.01.2009

White Chili

8 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
6 cans white beans (navy, great northern, etc) *do not drain beans
2 cans chicken broth
8 cloves garlic
2 onion, chopped
1-4 Tbsp chopped jalepenos (to taste)
4 tsp cumin
2 tsp oregano
1 1/2 tsp red pepper
2 cans chopped green chilis
4 Tbsp olive oil
shredded monterey jack cheese

Heat oil in stock pot. Add onions and garlic. Saute' until onions are tender. Add chicken, broth, green chilis, cumin, oregano and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add beans and jalepenos. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until heated thoroughly. Serve topped with shredded cheese.

My notes~
*chicken can be boiled or even skillet fried with butter and your favorite seasoning to add extra flavor
*cook chicken ahead of time and refrigerate; cold chicken is easier to cut up
*this makes about 5 quarts of chili; if that is too much it is easily halved; or I have been told it will probably freeze/thaw well; it doesn't lasts long enough around here to be frozen

You will notice that I mentioned in the previous post that I would post pics of the chili. Suffice to say that I may hold my own in the kitchen, but I am neither a food stylist nor a photographer. When I photographed the chili, it looked... Well...less than appetizing. (o:

No comments:

Post a Comment