2.16.2010

Clubhouse Chicken Squares


Ingredients
2 cans crescent rolls
8 oz cream cheese
2 tbs mayo
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 tsp dill mix (Pampered Chef Brand)
1 can white chunk chicken
sliced cucumber
diced tomatoes
shredded cheddar cheese
crumbled bacon

Directions
Preheat oven to 375.  Line bottom and sides of pan with crescent rolls.  Seal perforations.  Bake 10-12 minutes, then cool completely.  Combine cream cheese, mayo, garlic and dill.  Spread cream cheese mixture over baked crescents.  Top with chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, shredded cheese and bacon.  Chill 30 minutes.  Cut into squares.

My notes:

I did not have Pampered Chef Brand Dill Mix, so I used just plain old dill.  Worked just fine.

I did not have a cucumber, so I steamed broccoli then chopped it up.  Worked just fine.

I did not have fresh tomatoes, so I drained a can of rotel.  Worked just fine.

This recipe was written for the Pampered Chef Large Bar Pan.  If you do not own this stoneware piece, I'm sure you can easily adapt this recipe for a 9x13 pyrex or even a sheet cake pan would probably work.  However, if you do not own the Bar Pan, I highly recommend you buy one.  It is an extremely versatile piece and I plan to post several ways you can use it.  AND, Pampered Chef Stoneware is on sale 20% off this month.  You can click HERE to shop and buy.  I also recommend the Stoneware Fluted Pan (recipes for CAKE IN THE MICROWAVE to come).

Okay, back to the recipe above...In addition to the dill and garlic, I also added a nice little shake of Salt & Spice to the cream cheese mixture.

Hubby came home for lunch today.  He said, unprompted, that this one was a keeper.  It would work well for a brunch, lunch, potluck...just a very versatile little dish.  We all really enjoyed it.  Hope you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment