- 1 box Lemon Cake mix with pudding in the mix
- 1 pkg. Lemon instant pudding mix (4-serving size)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/8 cup poppy seeds
- Grease 2 loaf pans and instead of flouring, use sugar.
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined. Note: I like to add 1 teaspoon lemon oil for an extra lemon “kick”.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes at 350° F.
- Test with toothpick for doneness.
The recipe above is taken directly from Southern Plate and is another easy "Quick Bread" recipe. I follow the recipe (shocker, I know) except that I didn't have any lemon oil on hand. So, I squeezed 1/2 a lemon into mine and just stirred it in. If you need to whip something up in a hurry to take somewhere or because company's comin', then this one is great!