8.20.2011

Lemon Poppy Seed Bread


Ingredients
  • 1 box Lemon Cake mix with pudding in the mix
  • 1 pkg. Lemon instant pudding mix (4-serving size)
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup water
  • 4 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1/8 cup poppy seeds
Instructions
  1. Grease 2 loaf pans and instead of flouring, use sugar.
  2. Mix all ingredients together until well combined. Note: I like to add 1 teaspoon lemon oil for an extra lemon “kick”.
  3. Bake for 40-45 minutes at 350° F.
  4. Test with toothpick for doneness.
My notes:
The recipe above is taken directly from Southern Plate and is another easy "Quick Bread" recipe.  I follow the recipe (shocker, I know) except that I didn't have any lemon oil on hand.  So, I squeezed 1/2 a lemon into mine and just stirred it in.  If you need to whip something up in a hurry to take somewhere or because company's comin', then this one is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment