9.21.2011

Poppy Seed Chicken

I apologize for not taking a picture of this one.  Honestly, I thought I did, but apparently not, because I can't find one.  So, just trust me...this one is quick, easy and real a family favorite.
Ingredients:
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 can of cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 sleeve crushed Ritz crackers
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, melted

Combine chicken, soup, sour cream and poppy seeds.  Spoon into a lightly greased 11x7 baking dish. Combine crushed crackers and butter, then sprinkle over the chicken mixture.  Bake, uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes.

My notes:
You can cook your chicken any way you like...boiled, roasted, grilled, baked...whatever you wanna do. I boiled mine just because it was easy and I was short on time.

I also doubled the recipe because I knew one 11x7 baking dish wouldn't be enough for my family of 6.  I put it in a 9x13.  It was a LOT, but we enjoyed having leftovers.  Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment