1.24.2012

Microwave Lemon Curd


See that beautiful little jar beside that plate?  Oh my!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE all things lemon.  And this lemon curd was oh so easy and super yummy.  AND, I made it in the microwave!  It may have taken a total of 30 minutes including clean up.  I got a little more than 2 cups of lemon curd.  I divided it between 2 of the little jars like in the above picture (each held about 2/3 cup) and a couple of 1 cup Pampered Chef bowls with lids.  This worked well for me because I was able to give some of it away since I DO NOT need that much lemon curd in my house.  I would have eaten it...all of it...with a spoon (sans scones).  Well, that and it only keeps for 3 weeks in the fridge.  So, there would have been added pressure to eat it because I'm not gonna throw food away.  (o;  Ok, so if you love all things lemon as much as I do, then you MUST make this.  TODAY.

Ingredients
1 cup granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 cup fresh lemon juice
zest of 2 lemons, finely grated
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
In a very large microwave-safe bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs until very smooth. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest and melted butter. Cook in the microwave for one minute intervals, stirring after each minute until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 4 minutes total. Remove from the microwave and place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface. Cool for one hour. Store for up to three weeks in the refrigerator in a sealed container. It will thicken a little more once it has been refrigerated. And it just gets better the longer it sits!

No comments:

Post a Comment