3.23.2013

Apple Pie Muffins




This week, the kids and I spent a few days with my parents since its spring break. While we were there, I helped Mom with a few projects. One of those projects was cleaning out and tidying up her pantry. During this project, she decided there were several things in her pantry that would most likely expire before she used them. So, since I cook a LOT more than she does, such items were donated to the needy (me). I came home with a couple bags of stuff, including a few cans of apple pie filling and lots of oats. This is the first thing I came up with.

Get this:
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter
1 can Pillsbury caramel or cinnamon rolls (8-count)
1 can apple pie filling, coarsely chopped

Do this:
Stir together oats, flour, brown sugar & cinnamon. Cut in butter. Set aside. 
Grease or spray 8 muffin cups. Press/flatten each roll and place one in each greased muffin cup.
Fill each with pie filling and top generously with oat mixture. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until rolls are beginning to brown around edges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment