2.07.2022

Cheeseburger Sliders

Last week we were iced in on Thursday & Friday. That meant no on-site school and a little extra time to catch up on laundry and try out a new recipe. I'm not sure how I came across this one, but I was certain I had everything on hand and it looked like something my people would enjoy.

I found the original recipe here and adapted it according to what I really did have on hand as I was way off on what I had available.

CHEESEBURGER SLIDERS

Get this:

2 pound ground beef (I used one each of beef & deer)

2 teaspoon garlic paste

1 teaspoon kosher salt

2 teaspoons dried minced onion

1 teaspoon black pepper

6 ounces cream cheese, softened

1 cup BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)

4 teaspoons Chick-fil-A sauce

3 cups shredded cheese (I used finely shredded fiesta blend)

1 to 2 pkgs Hawaiian Rolls (I used almost 2 pkgs to fill an 11x15 baking dish)

1 stick of butter

1 tablespoon of homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning

Do this:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Brown ground meat with garlic, salt, dried onion and pepper. Drain.

Stir cream cheese, BBQ sauce & Chick-fil-A sauce together then stir into cooked meat.

Slice rolls horizontally and arrange bottom halves in baking dish. I used an 11x15 baking dish, but you can certainly use a 9x13 and cut this recipe in half.

Sprinkle half of cheese over rolls. Top with meat mixture. Cover with remaining cheese. Put top halves of rolls back in place.

Melt butter and pour over top of rolls, then sprinkle with everything seasoning.

Cover tightly with foil and bake for 20 -30 minutes until cheese is melted and rolls are heated through.

This was really good and something new to us. I'll make it again, but probably only if we are having guests as it was a LOT of food and even my large family could eat it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment