1.17.2011

Skillet Cauliflower


Ingredients
1 cauliflower head, outer leaves and stalk removed and cut into chunks (about 3 cups)
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt

Instructions
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add cauliflower and cook until tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Drain well.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium–high heat. Add butter. When sizzling, add drained cauliflower. Sauté until slightly golden, about 10 minutes.
3. Sprinkle coarse salt on cauliflower when serving. Serves 3.

My notes:
When I made this, I didn't have a full head of cauliflower.  I only had what was left from a salad made a few days before.  However, even if I had used a full head, it wouldn't have made much.  So, if you are planning on serving this side to more than 2-3 people, you'll need to double it.

The end result of my cauliflower was delicious but it was quiet mushy.  I think I boiled mine a little too long.  BUT, it worked out well.  Jude didn't know what it was and we danced around giving him the correct answer by asking him what he thought it might be.  He suggested it might be potatoes then proceeded to scarf it down like it was the best thing he'd ever eaten.  All 6 of us enjoyed it, but, like I said, I will make more next time.  It's safe to say none of us got as much as we really wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment