1.17.2011

Strawberry Cream Pie (aka frosting from Cream Cake)


The first time I made the Cream Cake I have posted about before, I knew the frosting was SOOOO good it could easily stand alone.  I finally did something with that thought.  I made the frosting and was able to fill 6 mini graham cracker crusts and a full-size one as well.  Then, because I was pressed for time, I popped them in the freezer to firm up while we were eating dinner.  GREAT!  They were fabulous...exactly as I expected they would be.  I reposted the recipe below for your convenience.  Another thought I had, but haven't tried yet, is to make parfaits with graham cracker crumbs, this frosting and more strawberries!  WOW!  Can't wait to try that one.  I may have to make them in little disposable shot glasses so they are single-serve/single-bite desserts...and cute too!  Would love to hear your comments when you share this one with your family!

Strawberry Cream Pie (aka frosting from Cream Cake)
Combine 2 1/2 to 3 cups of frozen sweetened strawberries (thawed) with 1 small box instant vanilla pudding.  Stir well then fold in 8 oz. whipped topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment